Do you know how much I read about aging men and their penises and their lust for younger women and their hatred of their castrating wives? I read enough stories about male writing professors having midlife crises and lusting after young students to last me seven lifetimes. Can you imagine the reverse? Can you imagine classes in which guys read nothing but Germaine Greer, Eve Ensler, and Caryl Churchill? Can you imagine whole semesters of reading about vaginas? Again, I mean outside of a specialized class in women’s literature or anything about the human reproductive system. I seriously doubt you can.
Perhaps we still need to consider the fact that female stories are consistently undervalued, labeled as “commercial,” “light,” “fluffy,” and “breezy,” even if they are about the very same topics that a man might write about. If we sell more, it is simply because we produce candy—and who doesn’t like candy? We’re the high fructose corn syrup of literature, even when our products are the same. It’s okay to sell the girls as long as we have some men to provide protein."
— Maureen Johnson
— When comments are better than the article, Atlantic edition (“The Cheapest Generation: Why Millennials arent’ buying cars or houses, and what that means for the economy”)
Done. There’s something holy about the first complete draft of a poem, even though you know it’s gonna seem shitty one you get to the final product.
I’m not leaving epoch until I have a rough draft of this poem.
Find me a punk boy with a leather jacket who’s good in bed and trill as fuck and I’ll be happy
I will never not be in love with Paul Rudd.
Us Americans would never
just to be
- bisexual with a preference for the same sex does not mean "one foot out of the closet."
- bisexual with a preference for the opposite sex does not mean "trying to get attention."
- lesbian does not mean "masculine."
- gay does not mean "feminine."
- transgender does not mean "going through a phase."
- transsexual does not mean "a disappointment." nor does it mean "gender identity confusion."
- asexual does not mean "prude."
- demisexual does not mean "prude."
- pansexual does not mean "easy."
- heterosexual does not mean "normal"
- Your does not mean "you are"
How do normal people grocery shop? This is literally the worst.